Google
 

Monday, May 28, 2007

Kaif ready for a comeback, in IBNLIVE.COM


He has been in and out of the national cricket team. As the Indian went on full throttle for a revenge if their World Cup defeat in Mirpur -- one man was sweating it out back home in a bid to earn his place back into the squad. And being included in the list of probables, have show him a ray of hope.

In the West Indies, Mohammad Kaif did well for himself, scoring his maiden Test hundred in St Lucia but since then it has been a downward slide.

The South African tour was disastrous and predictably enough, he was dropped. And even missed out on a berth in the World Cup team.

But Kaif thinks he is on his way back to regain his spot in the Indian team.

"Somewhere in your career you have to go through some roller coaster ride. And I think, at the moment I am facing that stage in my cricketing journey," said Kaif.

Kaif has a decent One-Day record. He has played 125 One-Day Internationals, scoring 2753 runs at an average of 32 with 2 hundreds. In his 13 Tests, the 26-year-old has scored 624 runs at almost 33 and he is happy with whatever he has achieved.

"I think whatever I have contributed for my country for the last five to six years, I am happy with it. If you look at my average and the positions I batted on at time for the team, overall I am happy the way it has gone for me."

Kaif's exceptional fielding has often overshadowed his poor scores with the bat but the next time he goes out to bat for India he would surely want to change that.
http://www.cricketnext.com/news/kaif-confident-of-making-a-comeback/25230-13.html

No comments:

Genuine money making idea!