Google
 

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Shastri's thumbs up for Robin, Venky- Anand Naik in MIDDAY

Shastri's thumbs up for Robin, Venky

Ravi Shastri’s job as the manager of the Indian team might have come to an end a bit earlier as India wrapped up the second Test and the series in just three days.

But his more important job in Indian cricket has just begun.

Impressive job

Member of the panel that will select India’s next coach, Shastri’s inputs, considering the time he has spent with the team, will be very important along with the fact that he has seen Dav Whatmore, one of the applicants for the job, at his work from close quarters.

And looking at the way he has been impressed with the job bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad and fielding coach Robin Singh have done, there is every chance that they might continue to be a part of the coaching staff under the new coach.

“If I am asked, they should stay with the team. Both Venky and Robin did a fantastic job with the team” the former India all-rounder said.

“They were both very dedicated cricketers and they did this job too with a lot of dedication and pride.”

While the pair’s fate will only be known on June 4, rumours had been doing the rounds that the Board of Control for Cricket in India was already planning to continue with Prasad.

“Even I have heard those rumors but the BCCI has not informed me anything about it. But if given a chance, I would love to continue with my job. It’s been a great experience for me,” Prasad had said a few days earlier.

Tightlipped

Shastri, however, refused to say anything about what he wanted from the next coach of the team.

“I am on the panel of the selection committee that will pick the next coach. So I will hold my cards for the moment,” he said.

No comments:

Genuine money making idea!