Google
 

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Geoff Lawson is Pakistan's coach

Former Australian speedster Geoff Lawson is Pakistan's new cricket coach. Here's what Lawson thinks of different topics
On the job
"I am excited, nervous, anxious. I'm looking forward to it. It is a significant job and it's a challenge. haven't been in an international dressing room since leaving the game but I have been on the other side of the fence, watching the game, analysing it. So I don't think it's too big a jump to be a coach now. I am involved in a lot of coaching in Australia, I am involved in commentating and I see a great deal of international cricket so all those ingredients should make the transition smooth."
On communication gap
"I am told that the squad are all learning English, so someone is making the effort somewhere. Yes, communication is important and I will be certainly trying to pick up some Urdu. If we need translators the board will surely get this done. We just want this to go as best as possible."

No comments:

Genuine money making idea!