Google
 

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Muthiah Muralitharan targets 1000 Test wickets

Muthiah Muralitharan speaks after taking 700 test wickets

On his achivement and the upcoming Aussie tour
It is a big achievement taking 700 wickets but I think I can achieve a little bit more. I knew anyway that I would get the 700 wickets. The challenge is whether I can take 1,000 before I retire. I'm thinking about playing till the next World Cup. I want to go to Australia and try and win the series because we have never won one there. Also I have not taken five wickets in an innings in Australia. They are the No. 1 team in the world but we can also be better than them if we play to our strengths
On beating Warne's record
The record will come in the near future, but I'm not sure it will happen in Australia because the wickets there usually help fast bowlers.I don't know how much I will get to bowl in Australia because our fast bowlers could grab most of the wickets.So many years at the top takes a lot out of you but I am still hungry for wickets and that is what matters

On the win over Bangladesh
If you are winning a match in less than 2 ½ days [taking into account disruption by rain] it is special. The way we batted and the way we bowled in the first innings was amazing. We played good cricket and didn't allow Bangladesh to raise their heads. We wanted to knock them off every time we bowled and batted. That's what we have done


No comments:

Genuine money making idea!