Google
 

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Sarwan was shocked when he was dropped

Ramnaresh Sarwan has called the experience of being dropped from Test squad in Pakistan last November one of the most shocking incidents of his life and hit out against the team management of the day, calling it a political decision.
"I was in the dressing-room on the morning of the Test preparing to go out for batting practice when Brian [Lara] approached me and said I was not playing," Sarwan told the Jamaica Gleaner. "I was very shocked but I said nothing and went out to do some batting drills. I don't think my omission was justified. I was very angry because there was no specific reason given for the decision to drop me.
"It made me understand that sport is also about politics and that people would do what's necessary to accomplish their own goals, whatever that might be. It was a very humiliating experience, but I think it has made me stronger as a person."
Lara had insisted at that time that the move wasn't "designed as a drop," and Sarwan had a key role to play in West Indies cricket. "He will come back from this and come back stronger. It wasn't designed as a drop," Lara said on November 24. "We just wanted to make him aware of the situation and come back stronger. We need him and we need him to take control."
Courtesy:cricinfo.org

No comments:

Genuine money making idea!